- Christian Beier/CBpictures.com owns the copyright to all photographs and text on this site (unless mentioned otherwise).
- No images are within Public Domain oder Creative Commons.
- My rules for the image use is similar in spirit to the "Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial" license, althrough more specific:
- Besides "fair use", images may be used for free without requesting permission in the following cases:
- Sample, design, test or layout use ("comp use")
- Personal, non-commercial, private use (see section B1)
- Personal, non-commercial, webpage or blog, subject to posting attribution/copyright notice and linkback (see section B2)
- All-volunteer organizations may obtain a free license after approval by email (See section B3).
- All other without exception will need a paid license.
A) Paid license required
Photographs used in connection with any activity where money is earned. Included, but not limited to:
- use on behalf of ANY organization which has paid personnel (INCLUDING NON-PROFIT),
- use in your professional work,
- use for advertising, editorial or promotional purposes (including any fund raising activities and auctions),
- use on a commercial, advertising or self-promotional web site,
- use on a product that is sold, or contains paid advertising,
- use on a web site that have ads (including Google Adwords).
- Sample, design, test or layout use ("comp use"), for the purpose of evaluating how a finished piece would look and the designs will not be published.
If you wish to reproduce any image for professional or commercial purposes, you must license the image on the website. After that you receive a permission to publish and high resolution digital file. No free licenses are granted solely in exchange for credits or links.
B) Free uses
B1) PRIVATE USE for personal, non-commercial purpose is free
Examples of encouraged uses:
- Personal student schoolwork such as reports,
- Emailing a copy to a friend,
- Printing a few images in your printer for decor or scrapbook (but you don't sell these prints),
- Making derivative artworks such as paintings and drawings just for yourself – not to be sold.
But you may not alter the image by any means, including cropping of the identifying information (watermark).
B2) WEB USE for personal, non-commercial purpose requires proper credit and backlink
You are welcome to display images on a personal, non-commercial web page or blog (excluding web sites with ads) provided that:
- The images is not altered by any means, including cropping of the identifying information,
- you provide on the same page a active link (no "nofollow" link) to www.CBpictures.com. It can be linked to the page with the photo or the home page of CBpictures.com. Example of a appropriate code:
<a href="http://www.cbpictures.com">Photo by Christian Beier/CBpictures.com</a> all rights reserved.
Display of the (required) border imprint (watermark) is not enough. You must add a link to CBpictures.com.
Any other image use REQUIRE the written authorization, in particular:
B3) Use for all-volunteer organizations (not the same as "non-profit") requires written permission
Free use will NOT be granted for ANY organization that has paid personel - even part-time. For consideration, email me with the following information: (a) Name, website, background of the organization, (b) State explicitly that nobody in your organization is paid (c) Intended usage for the image(s). If image is used on the web, requirements in B2 apply.
You are always encouraged to make a link to any of the web pages (html files) included in this server without any restriction. On the other hand, please do not embed images into a web page, that is have a direct ("hot") link (img src) to any image (jpeg file).
If you have question to this terms, please send me an email: email@example.com.
This practical proved terms comes largely from terragalleria.com.